Frequently Asked Questions
The conference will take place Monday, June 18 through Wednesday, June 20.
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 659-0000
Schedule & Agenda Builder
A schedule at-a-glance is available on the conference website. Please note, some information is subject to change.
The Agenda Builder is available during the conference registration process only. Attendees can filter, search and select the specific workshops, special events, specialty trainings and receptions they would like to add to their conference schedule.
If you would like to review a list of workshop sessions before you register, you may do so using the session locator.
Registration opens on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018. If you register as a student, you must present a valid student ID at the registration kiosk upon check-in. If you register as a national service member you must present valid ID or proof of current service. Please refer to the latest schedule at-a-glance to view all Conference events and times.
Cut-off dates for pricing:
- Early-bird: April 22, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Regular: June 15, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET
On-site registration will be available beginning June 17.
Registration costs start as low as $350 and vary by registrant type. For a full list of registration fees, please view our pricing chart. The general sessions, workshops, service project, etc., are included in the registration fee. Some sessions have additional fees, which will be noted in the Agenda Builder within the registration process.
- CREDIT CARD: American Express, Discovery, Visa, Master Card
- CHECK: Please make your check payable to "Points of Light" and be sure to reference "Conference 2018" on the memo line to ensure accurate processing. Mail checks to:
Points of Light
c/o Conference 2018
600 Means Street, Suite 210
Atlanta, GA 30318
There is a $50 fee for all returned checks.
Your attendee status will be considered "pending" until payment is received and processed.
For organizations that need a W-9 form to process payment, please send a request to email@example.com.
- Conference Attendee: The majority of registrants will fall into this category.
- Conference Volunteer: Each year, volunteers are needed to help with tasks such as stuffing conference bags, greeting attendees and helping with registration. Conference volunteers sign up for at least one four-hour shift. In exchange for their service, they receive a discounted registration rate — $300 during early-bird registration and $400 thereafter. Conference volunteers have the same access to sessions and events as other attendees. If you register as a volunteer, you will be required to sign up for a four-hour volunteer shift before completing your registration. Anyone can sign up as a volunteer to receive a discounted registration, but shifts are limited and are first come, first served.
- Conference Sponsors: If you are part of an organization that is sponsoring the conference, please register as a Conference sponsor. Conference sponsors have access to all sessions and plenaries.
- Accepted Speakers: If you have been accepted by the conference planning team to present a session during one of the six workshop blocks at the conference, please follow the instructions in the Presenter Resource Center to register. If you submitted a proposal and did not receive a confirmation email about the status of you proposal, please contact us.
Registered attendees are welcome to bring a guest for an extra fee. Guest registration is available to any spouse or partner of a registered attendee. Guest participation, however, is limited. Workshops are open to registrants only. Co-workers and/or business partners are not considered guests and should register as attendees. Please register your guest(s) when you register for Conference.
If you are interested in discounted group registration rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children under the age of 18 must be escorted by a parent or guardian.
All requests for cancellations and refunds must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com with "Cancellation Request" or "Refund Request" in the subject line. The date of the cancellation will be the date the email is sent. It is the responsibility of the registrant to confirm receipt of cancellation.
There is a $100 processing fee for all cancellations. No refunds will be issued for registrations cancelled or created after 11:59 p.m. ET on June 1, 2018.
Credit card refunds will be issued at the time of cancellation approval by the conference team. Check refunds will be issued within 60 days of the cancellation request.
Substitutions will be honored until June 1, 2018. In order to process a substitution, the original registration must be paid in full and should not be cancelled. Payment method changes will not be honored. To make the substitution, log into the record and update it with the new person’s information.