Points of Light is proud to announce a scholarship program for the 2013 Conference on Volunteering and Service. The Conference scholarship program is an opportunity for the brightest, most-promising young leaders in the volunteering and service sectors to connect and collaborate for greater community impact. Scholars will receive waived Conference registration and new connections to their work as a result of their participation in the program.
Points of Light is looking to award scholarships to 50 individuals with community involvement experience and who also exhibit the potential to assume senior leadership roles within organizations in the volunteering and service sectors. The Conference is central to the program and will be the convening point and one of the most robust learning opportunities. Applicants must have an interest in advancing their careers in the volunteering and service sectors, must be actively involved in their communities, and willing to attend all of their selected workshops during conference.
If you are interested in receiving a scholarship to attend Conference please apply now! The deadline to fill out the application survey will be March 15, 2013. Scholarship recipients will receive an email notification by March 29, 2013. Please contact Frank Brown, Director of Civic Engagement and Activation at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Conference scholarship program will significantly contribute to these 50 individuals search for new knowledge, provide substantive exposure to some of the premier leaders and successful programmatic practices in the volunteering and service sectors, and provide them with helpful tools to maximize their civic engagement impact in their communities.
Scholarship recipients will benefit from the following program elements:
- Full scholarship for registration to the Conference on Volunteering and Service
- Access to five workshop tracks
- Admission to all public events during Conference
Application and Selection
One of the benefits the Conference on Volunteering and Service will bring to Washington, D.C. is sustainable community impact through the involvement of local leaders and non-profits.
To bring together the right cohort, the following criteria will be applied:
- Applicants must have an interest in advancing their careers in the volunteering and service sectors. Specifically, applicants must be actively involved in communities.
- Applicants must answer all required questions in the application survey.
- Applicants must be committed to attending all assigned conference activities; taking lessons back for implementation at their organizations; and participating in all follow-up activities.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or its territories at the time of application.
- The scholarship only covers conference registration. Scholarship recipients must pay all travel related costs for conference.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Strong record of outstanding leadership in community service, as well as dedication to advancing in the volunteering and service sector;
- High potential for assuming a leadership role within their organization; and
- Exhibit the ability to handle adversity and overcome obstacles.
- Application release: February 18, 2013
- Application deadline: March 15, 2013
- Award announcements: March 29, 2013
- Conference on Volunteering and Service: June 19-22, 2013