As part of the Opening Plenary session at Service Unites 2018, we are focusing on women’s empowerment – and specifically how women can empower women. We will frame the discussion around what an empowering sisterhood looks like with living, breathing examples of the simple things we all can do to help another woman, another girl, in our life.
What are we asking YOU to do? Answer this question on video:
What is the best piece of advice you were ever given from another woman?
From bold-faced names to women we recognize from our local communities as mothers, sisters, entrepreneurs, caretakers and friends, we are inviting women from all walks of life to share the advice that empowered them to seek education, become financially independent, choose a bold lip color, speak their mind, run for office, value a woman’s friendship, etc. How did another woman’s guidance, wise words, enlightening insight – empower you?
Video Submission Guidelines
Please keep the following in mind when filming your video:
- Your video must be filmed in landscape/horizontal orientation, at the highest quality possible.
- The video should be provided to us ready to play – filmed in one complete take, or edited by you into one complete piece.
- Please have someone film you, or use a selfie stick or tripod.
- Film your video in locations where background noise is NOT an issue (quiet spots free from ambient voices, traffic, or loud ventilation systems).
- Consider the background of your video, preferably something uncluttered but appropriately cheerful vs empty grey or white walls.
- Duration should be 20-60 seconds.
To be considered for inclusion in the "Women Empowering Women" plenary video, you may submit your video here.
Questions? Contact Brandy Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-701-0056, or Wendy Rhein at email@example.com or 404-290-1751.